Monday, February 9, 2015

Big Things Ahead

The more I'm out on my mission the more I see the world. Not that I didn't see it before. Being in the SCA has kinda showed me a lot of the world that burst my sheltered Utah Mormon bubble. But this is different. It's giving me an intimate view of the world. As we go in and teach people and get to know them and the real struggles of life. It just makes me happy that I'm making good choices. And I know that going on a mission, even though it's hard. Is the best choice I have ever made. Not just because it's bringing me close to a god that loves me more than I could ever love him. But because I'm learning how to love others as he would. AND TRUST ME. It's hard when you get told no 10 times. Sometimes I wish I could just tell everyone, "If you just prayed you'd feel better! If it works for the Heathen it'll work for you!" But of course everyone is too busy, lonely, or bitter to try. Oh well. I guess we can't all have joy.

As for this week. WOW what a week. For those who are counting/care about where we are with our 180 goal. We are at 87, only three behind. Which isn't bad considering that we had one day that we were not in our area and another that we had a meeting until 5:00. When I look back and think about what we've done and how we've done it. All I can say is that it's been nothing short of a miracle. It doesn't matter if you believe it or not. This IS the lord's work.

And now I have to apologize for the lack of pictures this transfer. We've been so busy that we just haven't had any time. Don't worry, we are stopping to smell the roses. Just not take pictures. I don't think I even pulled out my camera this transfer...That's a problem. Sis C is my favorite and I won't have any documentation that we were companions...I'm going to fix that. Expect pictures next week.

Right now I'm looking towards the future. Not loosing focus. I can't do that or we won't hit our goal. But the future is going to be grand. I just know it. It'll take work (a lot of those) and tears (hopefully not too many in public). But it'll be worth it. What I'm going to be most excited about is being able to to to the temple. If you haven't been in a while go. If you can't go, I high recommend it. But that's up to you.

I hope everything back home is going great! I'm super excited to hear all the stories and events that happen in the next year. Life will be different when I go home. New things to reach for and lots of fun to be had. I'm just glad I gots some awesome people in my life.

~ Sister Martineau

PS. Mama found this picture on facebook so added it to this blog so you could all see me and cuz she thought my photobomb was adorable. Who uses that word anymore anyway? :)




No comments:

Post a Comment