Monday, February 23, 2015

*Sigh*

*Sigh* This week has been a mess. A MESS I tell you! It was the second to last week of the transfer and by golly it was HORRIBLE. Snow. Canceled appointment. sliding everywhere, having members come out to see us, see our Muslim investigator grasp gospel topics, knowing the spirit of Elijah is strong, and just down right doing the work. Yup. It's been a week.

The snow
Family History
Diya
Tulley

So last Saturday it dumped 6-10 inches of snow on us. Yup. It was a Utah snow day. Of course the schools were out (they had been out all week because the buses wouldn't start in the cold) and everyone was having fun. Staying inside, building snowmen, drinking hot cocoa...Well. Not us. Missionaries don't have time for that nonsense! We went out and worked! We saw all the people we haven't seen in a while, because we knew they'd be home. And had AMAZING lessons! And even better, we only slid like....twice?

On the day of the BIG SNOW, we went to the family history center at the church with Lois (Nonmenber sister of a recent convert that we visit weekly). It was AMAZING. Not only did I find out that someone has been doing work on the Martineau line (I can now trace it back to when we immigrated to the US but I can see a lot of thw ork has already been done!) But that's not all! Lois was able to find her Great Grandmother and find information about her that she never knew, and have the tools to be able to get into Family Search and Ancestry all on her own. Sister Svedin (Family History Consultant) also was really excited about what they were able to find and ask us to set up a time we could do it again at Lois's house. Success? I think YES!

Diya is flat out amazing. We've been working with him this transfer and the growth is just outstanding. He's from Joran, Muslim, and has the thickest accent I've ever heard. Besides maybe the man in Ireland...All I could understand that he said was "push button stuff." Diya's mot that bad. But like I said the growth is amazing. He's grasping concepts, knows that reading the Book of Mormon and coming to church are going to give him the answers he's looking for and knows, and understands, the Plan of Salvation. He even taught it to us with the cards afterwards. He's excited to learn and is really looking for it. I've never seen anyone change so much as he is because of the gospel. And it's just making me wonder, if this change is happening in him, what's happening in me? Or any of us really, as we come closer to Christ, act on what we know to be true, all we can do is change. Because that's what the plan is really all about.

We ate dinner at a Member's home. Now, I've been to the Howard's before, AND seen their birds. But never have I held one of them. Last night was my chance. I got to hold Tulley. "Big Cheesy Grin"



It ALMOST makes me want to get one to take t events with me...

I hope everyone is having a great week! Enjoy the warm weather out in Utah, or the Cold in Alaska, or the frigid in the East! And remember, I love you, Heavenly Father loves you, and Satan hates your face!

~Sister Martineau

No comments:

Post a Comment