Monday, February 2, 2015

Really?

This week has been insane. I mentioned last week that we wanted to teach 180 lessons and we are right on track for week 2 at 60 lessons. But I do have to say that it hurts my brain. I don't think I've ever worked this hard in my life without having little breaks in between to just sit and relax. But hey, when you can't do it the lord makes up for the rest right?

This is the greatest work that I have ever been a part of and I love every second of it. Really I do. But beyond that I can't say much about this week because it has been a blurr...

Funny for the Week:

ALL transfer Sis C has been giving me a hard time about having a loud knock. She calls it my FBI knock and says that one day I'll make someone think that we're after them or something. Well...that must have been prophetic because it was true.

We went to see one of our investigators and I knocked on the door. No answer. Sis C knocked agian. No answer. So we knocked one more time for the Spirit and still no answer. The light flickered on as we turned around and tried their neighbor (this was in an apartment complex so the door was right behind us).

No answer from the neighbor either so we walked out and started texting people to find a place to go. Sis C looked behind us and saw a boy walking through the cards towards where we just were. "Is that Sam?" she asked.

I looked behind us and replied. "It looks like him."

So we went back to talk to him. Sam was awkwardly standing outside of his door. Bare foot, shortsleeved, and in pajama pants. (Very undressed for the slightly snowy weather) He looked flustered as he came up to us and started rambling. Something about thinking we were after him, backing up a friend on the internet, the military, and how people were making threats. I also caught the fact that his school didn't want him there because it was "too dangerous."

The only full sentence that I remember is, "I looked out after I heard the knock and I couldn't see anything so I know it was bad. And I just ran out the window."

Sis C and I are still laughing about the experience. Moral of the story is, don't  use an FBI knock when they won't be able to see it's just two cute sister missionaries.

Sister Martineau

No comments:

Post a Comment