Monday, September 22, 2014

Just keep swimming

Blech... And thus started the time of knee pain, wrists freaking out, persisting migraines, and a companion that's constantly worried that you're mad at her. But really, it's not all that bad. Just the normal stuff that I'm use to. Nothing I can't handle :D We've got a supper supportive Mission President's Wife who's taking steps for me to be taken care of. As for the work, we keep plugging on. We don't have a teaching pool, we find about 5 people to teach every week and we walk everywhere to feel productive so it all works out!

YARD SALE!
Crunchy Leaves!
My name is Kaitlyn... er... Sister Martineau
Smores!

A less active that we've been working with who has been hording for four ish years is finally having a yard sale! We've been helping her clear out her house, organize, and work at the yard sale. I think my favorite part of it all is that I get to wear PANTS!!! I can't tell you how good it feels to wear pants. I think it's something I definitely took for granted before my mission.

The leaves are starting to turn colors... which means leaves are falling... which means there are leaves on the ground... which means that there are crunchy leaves to jump on! I guess when we can't find anything good in our lives, we start to look for the simple things. And right now, crunchy leaves is a simple thing. It's the simple things that make us all happy, bring us joy and make us smile. Others might not see the point in finding joy in the simple things, but when you have a naturally pessimistic personality, finding joy is all that makes you happy.

During planning one day Sister Ryan and I decided to call everyone we didn't know in our phone. I was leaving a voicemail saying, "Hello, this is Kailt- I mean Sister Martineau from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints..." And it just want down hill from there. Oh heavens Sister Ryan was dying on the other side of the room and I hung up and joined her. It was a good laugh for the rest of the day.

A less active invited us over for smores! I loved it! He had his former home teacher over with all the kids and we talked, made smores and everyone chatted about the BYU game. (it all went over my head) But it was lots of fun. I wish we had more activities like that... But what can you do?

Sorry this week it's a little short... I guess I don't have all that much to say. But here's some pictures to brighten your day!

Love, Sister Martineau




No comments:

Post a Comment