Monday, January 5, 2015

The New Year

This week was New Years! Happy new year!

2015!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm super excited about this year. Do you want to know why? Because this is the year I have dedicated to the Lord! And by the end of the year I'll be at the end of this grant adventure. But that doesn't matter right now. What matters is what I make of this year. 

I hope all of you are working on goal setting. If you haven't yet, well, that's what the Atonement is for! Goals are a good way of getting what you want. But when you make goals, keep in mind that you'll have to work to achieve them. They won't just be handed to you. 

I'm starting to fall in love with Ohio. I know the pictures I send home make it look like I'm out in the boonies. Not the case. I'm just able to find the wilderness everywhere. There are so many streams and ponds everywhere. The birds always seem to sing...or make a ruckas...Since there is hardly ever less than 20 in one place. But hey, it's fun. Even if they don't pose well for pictures. 

Last week we went to visit a less active in a retirement home. On our way out a lady stopped us because she wanted to see our fun/funky tights. This is how the conversation went....

L: Are you wearing those because it's cold outside? 
Me: Yeah, it's REALLY cold outside. (it's been 20-35 degrees with humidity)
L: You big baby!! 

Yup, nothing like being called a baby by an old lady...

Oh! Just so everyone knows, if it's not cold, it's raining. Unless the skies really hate us...then it's both. BUT on this day it was warm. And we were out walking around because we didn't have anything else to do. It was nice, there was a break in the rain, all the puddles were still out, and it was lost of fun to jump in them.  

REMINDER: this girl has the balance of a one-legged Penguin. 

I saw what looked like a really good puddle. But what I didn't see was the pot hole just below the glimmering surface. (How could I? It was dark out). So I did a leap into the puddle, found the pot hole, and crashed. Yeah, puddle jumping is fun. But what isn't fun is limping home, soaking wet ...



Hope you are all having lots of fun!
Sister Martineau

No comments:

Post a Comment